Welcome to WriteLance!

I'm Coleen, and I am a freelance writer. This is where I post samples of my work, my thoughts just about anything and writing tips from my experiences or from other writers. I am currently accepting writing jobs. To contact me, either for a writing job done or for your comments and suggestions, you can leave a comment on one of my posts or you can email me.

I am continuously working on adding more samples and articles, so keep visiting for updates.
Enjoy and hope to hear from you!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tips in Selecting a Ceiling Fan

Ceiling fans are great, not only because they make a lot of difference in making a room comfortable, but because they save space and are cheaper than air conditioners. For some, these fans, especially the antique ones or those bought from other parts of the world, symbolize power and attitude.

Selecting a fan for you home is really very simple, but before going to the design, shapes and sizes, let me list the most important things to consider first across all ceiling fans, and these are its motor and its blades. You should of course stay away from any fan that makes humming, hissing or buzzing sounds. Blade architecture is equally important, so choose blades that are not too light but not too heavy because your fan may wobble. Farreys.com offers a wide variety of ceiling fans that are energy-sufficient and modern looking such as Hunter's Covent Garden. See more of Farrey's Hunter designs at http://www.farreys.com/ceiling_fans/hunter/index.html or other energy-saving Modern Fan Co products at http://www.farreys.com/ceiling_fans/modern/index.html.

Now, for the design of your ceiling fan, the challenge is to get one that complements your room, home or office. In selecting the proper size, always remember that the size of room and that of the fan are symmetric, which means that you will not select a large fan for a small room. Similarly, you will not buy one medium-sized fan for a very big room. Farrey's collection of Casablanca fans is complete with all the combinations of sizes, colors and functionality. To see their products, visit http://www.farreys.com/ceiling_fans/casablanca/index.html.

To get the exact design and functionality that you're looking for, visit www.farreys.com and use their search fields to specify your exact requirements. Good luck on your new ceiling fan!

No comments: