Welcome to WriteLance!

I'm Coleen, and I am a freelance writer. This is where I post samples of my work, my thoughts just about anything and writing tips from my experiences or from other writers. I am currently accepting writing jobs. To contact me, either for a writing job done or for your comments and suggestions, you can leave a comment on one of my posts or you can email me.

I am continuously working on adding more samples and articles, so keep visiting for updates.
Enjoy and hope to hear from you!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

What is Freelance Writing

This is the first part of a series of articles that I plan to write about working as a freelance writer. There are many great ways to get started as a freelancer, but the best way is always to define what we mean when we say "freelance writer". How do freelance writers differ from other writers?

A freelance writer is one who writes for another and get paid for it without an employer. In other terms, these people are self-employed, mostly writers online. There are lots of ways for freelance writers to earn. First is when another person hires you to write on a certain topic. Usually the person who hires the freelance writer already has a specific topic in mind and needs a number of articles written about it. Secondly, you can write about any topic you like and then sell the articles in bulk or piece. Lastly, a freelance writer can write his or her own ebook and sell it online!

Definitely the last is the best way to earn, because all you have to finish is at least one ebook and sell it as many times as possible for as long as you like. However, if you are not likely a writer that can endure an ebook-long writing task, there are other ways, which I will be explaining in my next articles.

Just like any first step though, getting started with freelance writing is not always easy. This is mainly because there are just too many writers out there now and making a difference can be a tough challenge unless you want to get bitten. I will be talking about this in more detail hopefully soon, but as of now, I want you to prepare for my next article. I want you to answer these questions, "what topics do I love writing about?" and "what is my edge over other writers?".

In my next article, we will discuss more about getting started as freelance writer. Until next time here in WriteLance!

No comments: